There is an empty result set when trying to add a location dimension from the content layer.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.21.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a model with a valid data set containing lat and long coordinates.
- Click on the geo enrichment drop down menu under actions toolbar and select coordinates
- A dialog window will pop up and will give it a default name of location under the dimension name and then two sections: identifiers and coordinates. The identifiers can be left blank and the coordinates will automatically assign to latitude and longitude.
- After clicking create a new dimension will appear that specifically combines both latitude and longitude measures into a single dimension.
- Create a new story and insert a geo map, open the designer tab and click on add layer under content later.
- Click the pencil icon to select a model.
- After selecting the model, the location dimension should be available if it has been configured correctly in the previous steps.
- Select the location dimension and click OK, after you can view the visualization in the story.
Either the coordinates for latitude and longitude are not valid or they have not been correctly mapped in step 2.
Ensure that latitude and longitude values are in the correct format and are imported into the model as measures or ensure the geo enrichment process has been configured from step 2.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, geo map, content layer, geo enrichment, coordinates, latitude, longitude , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem