Server snapshot (also known as SAP Kernel snapshot) is a feature available since SAP NetWeaver ABAP Kernel 740. It is a concept of the NetWeaver ABAP application server which aims to save the most important system information automatically when the system is in abnormal situations, e.g.
- System hang or system-wild performance issue (e.g. system is busy with enqueue, number range)
- System resource bottleneck (e.g. memory is used up, the free dialog work process is used up, communication blocks is used up)
- The system is flooded with high loads (e.g many RFC or database requests)
- Request handling without progress in the system.
- A work process is unexpectedly finished
- System shutdown
The kernel snapshot analyzer is a standalone tool to systematically analyze issues from snapshot files or dev traces and create analysis reports. It highly simplifies the root cause analysis for SAP NetWeaver ABAP relevant issues and makes the troubleshooting experience easier and more user-friendly. This KBA serves as the central KBA for kernel snapshot analyzer.
kernel snapshot, system hang, system performance , KBA , BC-CST , Client/Server Technology , XX-SER-MCC , Mission Control Center - Knowledge Management , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.