You get the error message 'ACTION ADD_CHILD not possible; object does not exist' when you try to Add Item in the Financial Reporting Structure.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to Overview view.
- Search for the Activity - Chart of Accounts: Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination and open it.
- Click on Edit financial reporting structures.
- Select the Structure and Click on Edit.
- Click on Expand All in the new screen.
- Select the Structure Item and click on Add Item.
- You see the error - ACTION ADD_CHILD not possible; object does not exist.
You are not allowed to add a child node to a node to which a G/L account is assigned. This is only possible if you want to add the line under a Header node.
This is a standard system behaviour.
ACTION ADD_CHILD not possible; object does not exist, Error in Edit Financial Reporting Structure. , KBA , action add_child not possible; object do , error in edit financial reporting struct , object does not exist , AP-FMD , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting Masterdata , Known Error