In app "Manage Product Master Data" you search on Product field for a product which has "Marked for Deletion" set to "Yes". The search gives message "Invalid entry"
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Manage Product Master Data app
- Search for a product which is Marked for Deletion and enter
- Search help returns "Invalid entry"
The Value Help for product is used not just in Manage Product Master Data, but in other applications too which consume product in their processes.
A product marked for deletion should not be available for further usages outside the Manage Product Master Data application, and thus these products are not available for selection via the search help/value help. Thus currently working as per design. The message "Invalid entry" is raised due to no record found by the search triggered to retrieve the description for that product via the search help.
- Use F4 on Product and Define Conditions as Equal To your product number.
- Copy and paste the Product into the Product field (this has the same affect as 1).
- Use "Adapt Filters" button in the search page gives you option to choose "Marked for Deletion" as a separate filter field and easily obtain the records which are set so.
- Use the free text search field ( shown as the first field ) to find exact match of product if required.
material, deleted , KBA , LO-MD-MM , Material Master , Problem