Sales Order is In Process even though the Customer Demand has not been released.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders work center.
- Go to New Sales Order view.
The Sales Order has 'In Preparation' status.
- Put the necessary information in the General tab.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Add various products / items.
- Select one of those items.
- Maintain a 'Reason for Rejection' in this item.
- Save the document.
Now the Sales Order has 'In Process' status.
The header status is the aggregation of the item status. Hence if at least one of the item status is changed from Not Started even if it is because of cancellation, the header status will be affected.
This is the system's standard behavior.
Sales Order, status, In Preparation, In Process , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To