In rare circumstances, The stack trace which includes 'des_do_get', 'des__in_use_error' may be reported when 'sp_spaceused <table_name>' is running while online utility on table is in progress.
- Traceflag 2792 is enabled in the server
- When trace flag 2792 is enabled, if there is a "reorg rebuild" working on a table then other queries on the same clone des will be put into the "sleep" queue, wait for reorg rebuild to finish.
- When trace flag 2792 is not enabled, Msg 8233 will be raised and process abort:
Msg 8233, Level 16, State 1:
"An alter table or reorg operation is in progress on the object 'xxxxxx' in database 'xxxx'.
- 'sp_spaceused <table_name>' process in sleep is blocking other processes and can't be killed
- dbcc stacktrace(<sp_spaceused_spid>) showing functions similar to:
- Server had to be rebooted to clear the sp_spaceused process
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
sybase, 824239, CR 824239, sp_spaceused, des__in_use_error, sleep, hang, ASE , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.