- Use the App Upload General Journal Entry to upload a Journal entry. Gives the error message KI248 Account requires revenue based account assignment.
- Use App Post General Journal entry to post the Journal entry the error message KI248 Account requires revenue based account assignment is received.
Disclaimer: "Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to reproduce the issue :
- Use Post General Journal Entries app (F0718).
- Click on Upload New Entry.
- Fill the template file.
- Upload the excel journal entry template file.
- The error message KI248 appears.
Cost center and profit center are not permitted as main cost objects for revenue or sales deduction accounts. Please, see the cost element category for the G/L Account in the App Manage G/L Account Master Data under controlling section.
The error generated is correct, as the affected account is a cost element that has cost element category 11 (Revenues) or 12 (Sales deduction).
Use the SSCUI Manage Default Account Assignments to derive the cost center for the G/L Account with cost element category 11 (Revenues) or 12 (Sales deduction)
- Configure to SSCUI Manage Default Account Assignments.
- Enter the edit mode.
- Your G/L Account is the cost element.
- Go to position of the cost element and company code.
- Assign the Cost center and check the Profitability segment flag.
KBA ##3086551 Error KI248 happens in app Post with Clearing for Ledger Group
F2548, F0718, post, upload, general, journal, entries, element, category, 11, Revenues, 12 , Sales, deduction, S4_PC , KBA , FI-FIO-GL-TRA , Transaction Apps , Problem