The Learning user received the User Survey Assignment Email Notification (template ID: ItemEvaluationAssignmentNotification) twice for the same class/item.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
1. Add a survey in the item > Schedule a class > Registers Learning users in it > Conclude the class >
2. As the Learning Instructor, go to My Classes > Past Classes > Access the desired past class > Users >
3. Before recording completion (“Record Completions” button), select a Learning user (or users) > Click “Initiate Surveys” > You will receive a confirmation “Surveys have been successfully triggered for the registered users” >
4. This action will trigger a User Survey Assignment Email Notification (ItemEvaluationAssignmentNotification) to the given user(s) >
5. After that, the “Course Feedback and Follow-Up Surveys Email Notification” automatic process is set to run > When it runs, the user(s) who had the newly assigned survey will receive another User Survey Assignment Email Notification (ItemEvaluationAssignmentNotification).
APM will always send User Survey Assignment Email Notification if user received new survey(s) after last APM execution.
This scenario is considered the system expected behavior and, currently, there is no configuration to be put in place to prevent the duplicate notifications situation.
Alternatively, to have a different system behavior, it would be possible to have an enhancement request (KBA 2090228) created for it, where the Learning Product Management team can further review and assess the requested functionality to be considered in a future release.
user, survey, assignment, email, notification, ItemEvaluationAssignmentNotification, sent, twice, user, same, class, item, course , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS-INS , Instructors and My Classes , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-APM , Automatic Processes , Product Enhancement