- E-mails with special KOI8-U encoded characters get corrupted and are not legible
- The system displays these characters as ###'s
SAP C4C CORE 2108 / 804
Reproducing the Issue
- Send an e-mail that uses KOI8-U (RFC 2319) encoded characters
The e-mail All characters of pasted text appear as #.
- Using different encodings can cause some issues.
- E-mail content can have two levels of encoding.
- One at the e-mail header levels, against the MIME section, and
- at the HTML tag level, against the "metadata" tag.
- This mismatch leads to certain characters corruption
E-mail messages containing unsupported formatting codes may cause escape codes to appear in the message content.
- Unsupported formatting codes can appear as gibberish or nonsense when you are reviewing the incoming message.
- C4C uses UTF8 encoding by default, and there is currently no support for encodings like KOI8-U (RFC 2319) as of the release 2108 and 2111
- In a few such cases, the customers can try to open the e-mail and check the plain text content, or they can download the original content for that e-mail.
- If you feel this feature should be enhance, then please consider participating in the SAP Customer Influence program. See KBA 2531650 for more info.
2594426 - Encoding Types for Emails in Tickets
KBA , LOD-CRM-SC-EML , Email , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Product Enhancement