- Is it possible to Provide Interview Feedback via oData?
- What information must be provided to meet the feedback requirement to remove the ToDo tile?
- Can several interview feedbacks be provided in one oData Request?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
API WARNING: API upsert is a powerful tool to help you automate manual tasks and edit data that is not possible or difficult to do in the UI. However, this can also lead to unintentional data changes if mishandled. Make sure you understand how to use the ODATA API Data Dictionary and the integration tools in general. If possible, test first with your preview environment and with only a subset of your data to see whether you are getting the intended results.
Moreover, creating scripts and making recommendations on how to make them are outside support scope and are typically requests handled by partners. If you have issues that are possible defects, please feel free to reach out to Support.
Interview Feedback can be provided via the Tile on the relevant user's homepage, or can also be submitted via oData.
This can be achieved via an oData script, which updates the following value - interviewRefId, overallRating and comments.
Whether providing feedback via the UI, or via oData the goal is to provide a value for overallRating:
- In the UI, this is done via adding a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down"
- When using oData, this is done by changing a candidates interviewOverallAssessment/overallRating value. This is default to NOT RATED when the Interview is scheduled, and must be changed to POSITIVE or NEGATIVE to provide feedback.
To construct your oData query, follow these steps:
- Select the correct URL for your target instance's data centre as per KBA 2215682 - Successfactors API URLs for different Data Centers
- Using Integration Centre, create an Integration from the starting Entity
JobApplicationInterview including the Application Interview Id, Job Application Id and navigations Interview Overall Assessment and Job Application
- Using the Add button, select Add Field, and enable the Add Another checkbox
- Using the Entity Tree View, browse and add the following fields:
The last 4 are optional, but will help you see what candidates on the interview have already had feedback provided, and what specific interviewers feedback is still needed.
- Filter on the Job Requisition ID(s) that have Feedback not yet provided using 'Filter and Sort'.
- Note the interviewRefID and interviewOverallAssessmentId
- Construct an oData POST Request as per the oData API Reference Guide - InterviewOverallAssesment. Note the value for overallRating defaults to Not Rated and must be changed to either Positive or Negative to fully provide feedback.
- You should receive a response that the Interview Overall Assessment Record has been updated successfully
- This can also be seen In Integration Centre
This method can be used to provide feedback for several interviews in one single query (sample below).
Integration, Center , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , LOD-SF-RCM-IVW , Interview Central, Interviews, Scheduling etc , How To