You would like to delete an existing bank account from an employee's payment information data, but when trying to save the changes, you receive error message "Save Failed" (which in some cases might be accompanied by message "Main bank account for bank transfer payment method missing").
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Access the Employees work center view.
- Search for the relevant employee.
- Select the employee's record and click the Edit button.
- Navigate to the Personal Data tab.
- Next, navigate to the Payment Information subtab.
- Select the only existing Bank Account row and click Delete.
- Now, click Save or Save and Close.
- The error message(s) will be raised.
For an employee whose payment method is set as Bank Transfer, there must always be one main bank account registered in their payment information data.
There are two possible solutions for this scenario, depending on your intentions:
- You can create a new bank account, set it as Main using the respective checkbox and then delete the previously existing one;
- You can change the payment method of the employee for one which is not Bank Transfer, then delete the existing bank account.
Employee, Payment Information, Bank Account, Delete, Save Failed , KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To
SAP Business ByDesign all versions