Error Message 'Buyer Party no permitted for overhead cost projects' while Uploading Migration Of Projects
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective Implementation Project and click on the Open Activity List button.
- Go to the Integrate and Extend tab.
- Search and open the activity 'Migration of Projects'.
- Click on the 'Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool' link.
- Select the respective Migration Unit.
- Click on the 'Execute Migration' button.
- Click on the 'Execute Migration Step by Step'.
- Click on the Next button until the Simulate Import.
System displays the error 'Buyer Party no permitted for overhead cost projects'.
The columns for "Account ID" or/and "Customer" are fulfilled and these fields are not used for Multi-Customer Projects.
In order to resolve the issue, the fields belonging to Customer (Account) should be cleared.
Alternatively, the project type can be changed to "Customer project with sales integration" (Project Type 25) or "Direct cost project" (Project Type 20) and then the error should disappear.
Migration of Projects, Multi-Customer Project, Customer, Account , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To