After adding a widget level filter to a chart, there is no "All Members" option. As a result, new members added to the dimension are not picked up and automatically added to the filter.
For example, if there is a version filter and a new version is added to the version dimension, the chart filter will not be automatically updated and the chart will continue to filter on the ones that were specified when the chart was first created.
It is necessary to go into edit mode in order to get the new values to show up.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.04
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a chart and add a version dimension filter to the chart
- Dynamically add a new version to the version dimension
- Note that the new version does not show up under the dimension filter as an option
This behavior is the current design.
The SAC development team does have longer term plans to enhance the product to support this. However, we cannot give a timeline on this.
At the moment, please apply the following workaround to resolve this:
- Add a version that you can exclude on (e.g., "fakeVersion").
Please be noted that it could be either a private or public version. It just depends on how you want to guard it from being visible to viewers.
- Configure the version filter for each chart to instead exclude on this fake version, rather than select on Actual or any versions
- When the new version is added, the filter will only exclude the "fakeVersion" such that any new private versions will show up
- If you are concerned that this the "fakeVersion" will be displayed in the page filter, you have 2 options:
i) Include only the versions you want in the page filters to avoid the fake version from showing up without deleting it
ii) OR delete the fake version after the filters on the charts have been configured to use it.
This will allow the new values to show up without having to go into edit mode. However there are a few caveats:
- New versions are added to the end of the list of any existing ones
- New versions will be beneath existing ones (unless using the Classic Bars option)
- No other control of the ordering of versions is possible at view time but the user can use Edit mode to make changes in the Builder Panel
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES-COR , SAC Core story functionality - widgets, geo, design, etc , LOD-ANA-PL-VER , Version Management , Problem