In the Cost Assignment tab of a Supplier Invoice, you select a G/L account but the description is not the same that can be see against the G/L account under General Ledger.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select the view Invoices and Credit Memos.
- Search and find Invoice ID XYZ (XYZ represents the Supplier Invoice ID).
- Go to the Items tab.
- Select the Cost Distribution tab.
- Select the drop-down for G/L account.
- The description is not what you expect to see, and is not the same as the description against G/L account in General Ledger.
The list that you see under the section G/L account is the G/L account Alias, not the G/L account.
This is expected system behavior.
To confirm the descriptions that you are seeing you can go to the following.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the view Overview.
- Search and find the activity Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select the option Edit Account Determination Groups.
- Select the Costs Ledger
- Select Groups for General Expense
- Search and find the Account that you were entering in the Supplier Invoice.
- Here you can see the Description that is maintained and what is displayed in the Supplier Invoice.
GL Account, Cost Distribution, Description , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem