In 2108 release ,a new feature was introduced where You can now see an additional message while cancelling a payment that was already reposted to a different account.
The message is "To avoid inconsistencies in the Open Items report, the reversal posting date for re-posted payments must be the original posting date" is now available for the following payment related user interfaces:
- Incoming Check
- Outgoing Check
- Outgoing Bank Transfer
- Bank Payment Advice
- Payment Allocation
- Automatic Payments
However, the issue is when the payment is selected and we choose Reverse directly in payment monitor screen, the message wont appear. However, when the Payment is open and you click on view all, then reverse action shows message.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Liquidity Management Work Center
- Select New payment by -> Incoming check or any other payment types. Here Payment type Incoming check is taken as example.
- Select necessary data like Company, Payer, Check Number etc as per the customer provided data.
- Click on assign on account and provide the details like Customer ID XYZ(XYZ refers to Customer account), Debit/Credit type and post. This creates a new incoming check PQR(PQR denotes incoming check)
- Now navigate to Receivables work center
- Search with Customer ID used above i.e XYZ (XYZ refers to Customer account)
- Under trade receivables. search with recently created check PQR (PQR denotes incoming check)
- Open it and click view all. Now, hit actions -> Reverse button. At this point, there should not be any text regarding the reposted payment as its not yet reposted.
- Now go back to previous screen i.e trade payables and then select row PQR and hit actions->repost payment
- Click on Account and select Add Accounts. Now add account AAA(AAA refers to another customer account)
- Select line for account ID as per step 2/3 and adjust the payment Amount to desired amount. Click on save.
- Search for Payment posted PQR in Liquidity Management work center -> Payments screen click on it and view all. Click on actions->reverse. Now You will be able to see "To avoid inconsistencies in the Open Items report, the reversal posting date for re-posted payments must be the original posting date"
- When the same Payment PQR is select directly in Liquidity Management work center -> Payments screen and hit Reverse, message wont be shown.
The message is not shown to the user if the reversal is done from the payment monitor (or other UIs where multiple document selection is possible) as it would not be possible to distinguish the different payment methods and furthermore the "reposted" documents from all others. So for this reason, the user will only see the message when reversing the actual document (from within the document itself). This is a limitation of ByD for the reason stated above.
2108 Release: What's New in Financial Management - SAP Help Portal
Payment Management, Repost, Open Items , KBA , reversal posting date for repost , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To