After performing changes to the companies Organization Structure, you are trying to invoice your invoice request documents and facing the following errors:
- Organization Sales Unit ID must have organizational role Sales
- Party with role Sales Unit does not belong to seller company XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Company)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Search for the ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Invoice Request).
- Select the Customer Project Invoice Request XYZ.
- Click Check
Organization Sales Unit ID must have organizational role Sales
Party with role Sales Unit does not belong to seller company XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Company)
For the Customer Project Invoice Request, we do not have the Sales Organization as party. The party used to the determine the Sales Organization is the Sales Unit party.
It works in the following way:
When the Sales Unit is changed in the Sales Order document, it reflects this information to the Project Management (CustomerProjectInvoicingAgreement), causing it to update accordingly. When a new Customer Project Invoice Request is created, it copies this Sales Unit from the CustomerProjectInvoicingAgreement.
Existing Customer Project Invoice Requests are not updated with changes from the Sales Order and for such, they keep the old Sales Unit that was valid when the Customer Project Invoice Request was created.
This is the system expected behavior.
In order to solve this, please cancel the inconsistent Customer Project Invoice Request and create a new one with the correct master data.
Customer Project Invoice Request, Inconsistency, Sales Unit, Organization, Structure, Sales Organization, Party Role , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , How To