After performing an import or adding profile photos to the system via Integration Center, they can not be seen in the Header.
However, when editing through the Profile UI the imported photo starts displaying.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
SAP SuccessFactors Integrations
Reproducing the Issue
- Run a Batch Upload of Employee Photos job in the back-end or create an integration to import profile pictures;
- See the job/integration completes successfully, with no errors;
- Navigate to the employee's profile and see that the photo has not been updated;
- Now click the "Edit Profile Picture" button and see that in the Preview pop-up the new photo is already displaying;
- If you click the "Save" button, the new photo is properly synchronized to the Header.
This is known limitation which happens when you import less than 10 photos.
This happens because system only refreshes the photos throughout the instance when 10+ are imported at once.
As a quick workaround you can click the "Edit Profile Picture" button and save. This should synchronize the photo that was imported.
Whenever you are batch importing photos or adding them via Integration Center, make sure to add more than 10 photos at a time to avoid this behavior. In case you have a daily job to import profile pictures, kindly consider changing its occurrence to weekly so that you can gather more photos at once.
If you feel that having this feature improved is an important subject for your business requirements, kindly consider submitting an enhancement request, by following the instructions listed in KBA 2090228.
2220377 - Batch Upload of Employee Photos job
2519210 - How to Upload Profile Photos using Integration Center - OData API Photo Entity
KBA , LOD-SF-EP-PHO , Photo Management , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-INT-INC-ODATA , ODATA API In Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , Problem