When trying to migrate a location in Logistics Layout under a site, you got an error message 'Service call error; report incident'.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration Workcenter.
- Go to Overview.
- In Business Configuration Search, select All configuration Elements.
- Search for Migration of Location and Logistics Area in Type: Activity.
- Select Migration of Location and Logistics Area.
- Click Open.
- Click Migrate Location and Logistics Area using the migration tool.
- Upload the desired file to migrate it.
The error message 'Service call error; report incident' appears.
The issue is happening due to an incorrect fulfillment of the Storage Control Profile column in the migration file, filling it with the ID and a description.
When upload the migration file, it is necessary to fill the Storage Control Profile only with the ID, as this column does not support additional descriptions which leads to the error.
In your migration file, fill the column Storage Control Profile with the ID only.
migration file, migration, service call error, Migration of Location and Logistics Area, logistics layout, Storage Control Profile , KBA , AP-LAS-LOA , Logistics Area , How To