You executed Material Planning for a Product and you expected the system to create a Purchase Proposal with the Quantity X and on the date dd/mm/yyyy. However, the system created the Purchase Proposal with a lesser quantity than the expected Quantity X and a second Purchase Proposal with Quantity Y on a date later than dd/mm/yyyy.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Supply Planning work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Find and select the relevant Product.
- Click the Open button to open the Product Planning Details.
- Perform a Planning Run.
- You can see that there are 2 Purchase Proposals with different Availability Dates.
- You expected the system to create just one purchase Proposal.
The system has created the 2 Purchase Proposals, because there are 2 Dependent Demands of different dates. Since the Availability Dates of the Demands are outside of the same bucket as defined in your material master Planning tab, the system has created the 2 Proposals.
You cannot get a single proposal if the Demand dates are of different buckets. This is the expected system behavior.
Lot-Sizing Method, Periodic lot-size, Period Type, WEE - Week , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , Problem