Export/import Software Collections in S/4HANA Cloud - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to export a collection during Q-system upgrade? No.
2. Is it possible to import a collection after Q-system upgrade and before P-system upgrade? No, unless the collection has been exported before the Q-system upgrade.
3. Is it possible to import a collection during P-system upgrade? No.
4. Are extensibility software collections imported automatically? No, unlike business configurations.
5. Is it possible to create a hotfix after systems upgraded to a new release? No, your first export after a system upgrade can only be a hotfix, if you have imported all exported software collections before an upgrade. Otherwise your first export must be a regular software collection.
6. What is the meaning of message "Development function currently not available due to upgrade preparation"? Hotfix or Upgrade Deployment including the Preprocessing is executed. Changes for ATO managed objects (e.g. Custom Form changes, Custom Business Logic or Objects, Custom CDS views) will not be possible during preprocessing and the deployment phase.
7. What is the meaning of message "System is currently locked by the service provider. Try again later."? Hotfix or Upgrade Deployment including the Preprocessing is executed. Changes for ATO managed objects (e.g. Custom Form changes, Custom Business Logic or Objects, Custom CDS views) will not be possible during preprocessing and the deployment phase.
8. What is the meaning of message "Adaptation Transport Organizer notification is currently disabled"? Hotfix or Upgrade Deployment including the Preprocessing is executed. Changes for ATO managed objects (e.g. Custom Form changes, Custom Business Logic or Objects, Custom CDS views) will not be possible during preprocessing and the deployment phase.
9. When can I resume the extensibility activities? The extensibility activities can be resumed after the Q-system has been upgraded, there is no need to wait until the P-system is upgraded, but importing collection will not be possible.
10. When can I resume the import activities? The import activities can be resumed after the P-system is upgraded.
11. What is the meaning of the Export Software Collection tile number? It indicates the number of software collections that contain errors and therefore cannot be transported. If the number on the tile indicates 0, all software collections can be exported without delay.
12. Can I import a software collection that has been exported in a different release? No. To transport extension items, the system from which you export and the system to which you import need to be on the same cloud release. You need to re-export the software collection in the Q-system.
13. Is it possible to revert a collection that was exported but never imported? No. The only solution is to correct the objects or delete the objects but you would need to create a new version with the changed/deleted objects, exported and imported together with the other version.
14. What does "Add Missing Items" button does? You can use Add Missing Items to add direct dependent items to your software collection.
15. Can I remove an item from a collection? You can only remove items that have never been exported, that is items with status "New". Any item within a software collection that does not have the status New has already been transported to the productive system and thus needs to be moved with the Move Items functionality.
16. Can I move an item from a collection to a different collection to solve dependencies between collections? Yes.
17. Why does the object I moved from one collection to another using the "Move items" functionality has now status "Changed"? Items keep their current status (Unchanged/Changed/Deleted) when moved to another software collection. However, unchanged items that have not been exported in the current release are labeled and recognized as Changed after the move. Moved items can't be included in a hotfix collection directly after the move, but they have to exported regularly first.
18. Why do the amount of items I can see in the list does not correspond to the number which is displayed in brackets? You have a filter applied. Please, use the table view settings to include the missing status.
19. What is the meaning of "Import in target system is not possible because of different SAP release."? You have tried to import a collection in P-system that has been exported in Q-system before the upgraded in Q-system was completed. Please, re-export the software collection from Q-system and try to import it again in P-system. In order to re-export a collection you just need to go to the Export Software Collections app in Q-system, select the relevant software collection and click on export again.
20. While creating a hotfix, why am I ask to add other than direct dependencies? Changed or deleted items that have a direct dependency to any of the extension items in the hotfix must also be included in the hotfix. That can happen until no more dependencies are found.
21. After using the merge functionality, why the items that were not changed have status Changed now? After merging, all items will be marked as Changed or Deleted, irrespective of their actual technical status. As a consequence, they will be included in the next export of the target collection. The source collection can no longer be changed.
22. Is it possible to revert a merge? No.
23. Is it possible to revert a move? No.
- 3116689 - Export Software Collection - Best Practice
- > How to Manage and Export Your Software Collection
- > Hotfix
- Upgrade & Maintenance Schedule for Customers Using a 2-System Landscape
- 3038415 - Key user extensibility in S/4HANA Cloud is temporarily disabled
- 3040585 - In-APP Extensibility and ATO transports are temporarily disabled
- 3024158 - Blue-Green Deployment for Hotfix Collection for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud
KBA , BC-SRV-APS-EXT-SL , Manage and Import Software Collections , Problem