Under Inbound Logistics - Inbound Delivery Notifications View, you find that there are two inbound delivery notifications with the same ID. However, they correspond to two different documents.
SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an intercompany scenario，e.g. an internal sales order after a purchase order.
- Process the Sales Order to Outbound delivery (OD) but do not release it.
- Create a standard Purchase Order.
- Create an Inbound Delivery Notification (IDN) from the standard Purchase Order with the same ID as the intercompany OD ID.
- Release intercompany OD.
This will create a second IDN with the same ID as in a intercompany scenario, the IDN is create with the same ID as the intercompany OD.
It is a coincidence that the intercompany OD id already has a IDN created in the system with the same id. This is limitation in the system.
In terms of existing issue, it's a good way that roll back the intercompany scenario and cancel the OD and create a new one.
Two ways to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Set up number formatting for the companies used in intercompany scenario, this would add a prefix to the OD automatically created. Meaning, there would be no previous IDN with the same ID. OD number formatting can be done in the BC setting "Document Numbering Formats for Outbound Delivery". How to configure it is detailed in the Help Documentation.
- Add a prefix to the notification ID when creating an IDN for Purchase Order manually.
Inbound Delivery Notifications; Same ID; internalcompany , KBA , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , Problem