This is to confirm the behavior of Attribute "Enabled" with values "YES" or "NO"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- If you have set the value as YES against Enabled attribute in the HRIS Fields then that field is activated and you can maintain the value in that field as per the RBP.
- If you have set the value as NO against Enabled in the HRIS fields then that field is NOT activated and not available in the RBP.
Example Scenario :
Assume there is a field by name : Test in the job info which is enabled and data is maintained(visible in the UI/profile)
Steps to follow:
- Go to Manage business configuration -> Job information -> Field labelled as Test and set the value as "NO" under "Enabled" attribute.
- Result : You can no more see the field : Test in the UI/profile.
- Again, repeat the step 1 by setting the value as "YES" under "Enabled" attribute.
- Result: Data will be intact/retained in the UI as you had maintained earlier.
PS: It is always a good practice to take a backup of the data where possible. And deleting a field will delete all associated data with that field.
Enabled, Attribute, BCUI, behavior, YES, yes ,NO, no, data in tact, data , value , data retained , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , How To