Error 'You are trying to upload (XXX) items. This document type can only contain up to 124 line items' while trying to upload values in the app 'Reassign Costs and Revenues'.
SAP S/4 Hana Cloud 2111
SAP S/4 Hana Cloud 2202
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the app 'Reassign Costs and Revenues'.
- Click on 'Create' and then 'Upload'.
- Upload the .csv file by clicking on 'Add' and selecting the upload file.
- The error is obtained if the number of lines exceeds the restriction.
There is a limit on the number of line items you can upload using the Upload function in cost accounting Fiori apps. If the number of line items in your file exceeds this limit, the upload will fail.
For more information, see SAP Note 483817.
You can get around the upload limit by pasting your line items directly into the item detail screen using the Paste function. You do this as follows:
- Go to the item detail screen of your cost accounting Fiori app.
- Use the Export As function to download a preformatted Excel file. Select the checkbox for Split cells with multiple values before you download.
- Add your new posting values to the downloaded Excel file.
Note: Do not change the order of the columns and do not enter values in fields that are automatically derived.
- After adding your changed data to the file, select all rows and columns that contain data and copy them. Do not include the column headers in the copy.
- Go to the cost accounting app and create a new posting using Create. Then go to the item or value details screen and use the Paste function. Your new values will be pasted in.
- Save the postings using Create.
Upload, Reassign Costs and Revenues, number of lines, limitation, Manage Direct Activity Allocation, Manage Statistical Key Figure Values, F3915, F3697, F2009, S4_PC, CO-FIO-CCA-TRA, CO-FIO. , KBA , CO-FIO-CCA-TRA , Transactions , How To