When comparing the totals for a chart vs the same values being totaled in a table, the resulting values are different. This can happen if the totals in the table are being calculation using an exception aggregation.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2016.01
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a table and a chart which display the same values
- Sum the values for the table using an exception aggregation
- Use a measure in a stacked bar/column chart
- Note that the sum for the chart may be different than the sum for the table.
This behavior is by design. Totals in charts are not sent to the back-end, but are a sum of the visible values in the chart. Underlying formulas or exception aggregations are not taken into account.
If you want the table to show the same values as the chart, then either remove the exception aggregation or use an alternate calculation that doesn't use the aggregation.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem