- Section prints at the top of the page.
- Section starts printing at the bottom of one page, and finish printing at the top of the next page.
- Despite the option: "Print at bottom of page" is checked, the section does not fully print at the bottom of the page in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Insert at least one group on the report.
- Insert objects that can grow in the Group Footer section.
- For the Group Footer, check the section option: "Print at bottom of page"
- When viewing the report, the Group Footer section does not always fully print at the bottom of the page.
Part of the section prints at the bottom of the page, and the rest print at the top of the next page.
- When the section option: "Print at bottom of page" is checked, the section behave like a Page Footer section, which means it is required for the secion to always have the same fixed height.
- Since the Group Footer of the report contains objects that can dynamically grow, and therefore dynamically change the height of the Group Footer section, it is not possible to print the content of the section at the bottom of the page. It is normal behavior because the section does not meet the requirement of having a fixed height.
- It is required for the section to have a fixed height because when a page is printed, Crystal Reports has to first reserve the space required on the page for the Page Header, and Page Footer section, as well as for the section that have the option "Print at bottom of page" since the section will be like a Page Footer. Then this gave the space left to print the rest of the content of the reports ( Group Header, Details, ... )
But if the section that have the option "Print at bottom of page" contains object that can grow, it is not possible to know the actual size of the section until it is printed, therefore it can only reserve the actual fixed space defined in the design of the section. If the height of the section change, then it has to print the rest of the content on the next page because it cannot reserve the extra space required to print it, as this information cannot be know until the section is printed. This is normal behavior, and this is why it is required for the section to be designed with a fix height when using the section option: "Print at bottom of section".
- For a section to print at the bottom of a page, it is required for the section section to always have a fixed height, therefore ensure the section does not contains objects that can grow like:
- Database Fields
- Formula Fields
- If the section contains object that can grow, then:
- Remove the object that can grow from the section; or
- Uncheck the object option "Can Grow", and
- Resize the object to be as large, as the largest content it can display, which also require to resize the section.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020