You are unable to approve the Supplier invoice and you noticed hat invoice is already posted or paid.
SAp Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Approval process and its conditions:
Step 1 Supplier invoice with PO reference - Approver A
Step 2 Supplier invoice w/o PO reference - Approver B
Steps to create documents:
- Create new PO and approve it
- create Invoice with respect to the PO you created and save
- later remove the PO reference in invoice and accept all exceptions and sent for approval
- Go to approval tab you will see only step 1 approvers only
- Approve using Approver A.
- You will see that invoice is posted but the task is still appearing under business task management view.
- Go to approval tab of invoice you will see step 2 appearing that is approver B
- This new task sent for B is open and thus is not allowed to be approved
Steps that approver would follow:
- Go to Managing my area work center
- Go to Approvals view
- Select the supplier invoice approval task
- Click on approval task
- approve button is grayed out
Due to technical limitation currently condition "Reference to Purchase Order Does not Contain " is not working fine in your scenario,
where you removed the Purchase order reference manually in invoice.
1.We request you to use the rule "Item Without Purchase Order" equal to "No/Yes" instead. once changes are made in approval process then all future invoices created newly will have no such open tasks.
2. Please check if you have such open tasks and give us the list in excel so that we can manually complete them in back end.
wrong approval task; open approval task, unable to approve, why new task is triggered, again task is triggered, task is not complete , KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , Problem