- When you try to publish your data changes in SAP Analytics Cloud you receive a message that an operation on a version failed because it is too large or that an unexpected technical error occurred, with the message possibly only appearing after a longer delay.
- When you try to run a data action in SAP Analytics Cloud you receive a message that not enough resources are available.
- When you try to perform a planning operation on a table in SAP Analytics Cloud (like data entry or copy-paste cells), you receive a message that an operation on a version failed because it is too large, or error message :"an unexpected technical error occurred".
SAP Analytics Cloud
The error occurs due to internal memory limitations. Several factors contribute to the memory required to successfully perform an operation and several factors influence the available memory in the system.
For publish, generally the memory required can increase with the number of records in the base version, the number of changed records, the number of deleted records and the total number of records stored in the model fact table (in all public versions together). The complexity of a scenario can influence the required memory as well. This includes, for example, data access control policies, data locking, validation rules, and auditing.
For data actions, the memory-need highly depends on the design of their customer-defined logic as well as the size of the input (i.e. the version it operates on).
The available memory in the system depends on multiple factors including the load on the system due to (concurrent) queries, the load due to data import and export jobs, the number of active private versions, and more.
SAP Analytics Cloud has no inherent limit for the number of records in public and private versions.
There is a setting in the "data and performance" section of the model preferences to configure a limit / override a default limit that will lead to warnings when private versions or public edit versions are created that exceed the limit.
In cases where there is a lack of overall system memory, it can help to delete other not needed versions. If the edit state of a version is too big in itself, operations like publish may also reach operation-specific limits independent of the overall system memory available. In that case, it might be necessary to undo changes in the version history. If the version is so large that this is no longer possible and it has become generally unusable, it is recommended to revert (for public edits) or delete (for private versions) the version. If there is important data in the version that needs to be saved, it is recommended to copy relevant parts of the version with the "Chose which data to copy" option.
To prevent issues with too large versions in future:
- rethink data action designs so that the data actions create less records
- work with version copies that only include a filtered part of the data ("Chose which data to copy" option in the copy-version dialog)
- configure the usage of planning areas in the model settings
- generally, re-consider the model design choices so that the versions of the model are smaller
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, Unexpected error when publishing data back into a planning model. SAC, error , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , Problem