- How to enable SAP JCO trace to troubleshoot data importing issues in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- This trace is useful when creating import data connection to:
- SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP HANA
- SAP ERP
- This trace is also useful when importing data into model through those connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- SAP JCO
- To create a connection that allows you to import models from SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA or SAP HANA or SAP ERP via the SAP Analytics Cloud agent, the SAP JCO must be installed (see Installing the SAP Java Connector (JCo))
- To enable tracing for investigating connectivity/data-importing issues to SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA or SAP HANA or SAP ERP
SAP JCO tracing mechanism can be turned on by adding the following Java environment properties to the command line of Apache Tomcat hosting SAP Analytics Cloud agent:
-Djco.trace_level=N (where N is between 0 and 10, with 10 = most detailed trace)
-Djco.trace_path=<PATH> (the path where the logs are created)
- Launch Tomcat Configuration.
- Switch to Java tab.
- In the Java Options tex box, add the following command line:
- Click Apply.
- Restart Tomcat.
After that, when reproducing the import connecivity issue inside SAC, the traces will be generated under the specified path in the format JCOxxx_xx.trc.
- It is recommended to revert the changes and restart the Tomcat once the JCO trace has been captured to avoid excessive log file generation and performance degradation.
- 2630653 - How to Troubleshoot and Trace SAP Analytics Cloud connecting to on-premise / acquired / imported data
- 2834064 - How to enable RSTT Trace in SAP BW for import BW scenario on specific query or CDS View in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- 2902697 - SAP Analytics Cloud agent - Frequently Asked Questions and Additional Information
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Import, Acquired, Acquire, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Import, Connection, Connecivity, Data, Acquire, acquired, load, BW, ERP, HANA, BW4, JCO, agent, tomcat, trace, log, tracing, enable, activate , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , How To