Cancelling a Promotion via Custom Code does not allow you to create a new promotion with the same data in the same time frame. You get an overlapping promotion error: "Promotion 456 overlaps with existing promotion 123."
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Campaigns work centre
- Go to the Promotions view
- Create a Promotion ID 123 (123 represents the promotion ID) for account with ABC (ABC represents the account name). Add a product P1 (P1 represents the product ID).
- Enter a set of dates
- Set the times for Dec 01. - 31.12.2021 (dates are an example)
- You notice, that you did not want to plan this on account level but on account hierarchy level.
- You set a custom code to cancel this promotion and create a new one with ID 456. This time you choose account hierarchy level in the new promotion. The rest of the data entered is the same as for 123 (Create new promotion, same dates BUT, instead of Account level, use Account Hierarchy level).
- Now, when you try to release promotion 456 you get the error: "Promotion 456 overlaps with existing promotion 123."
- Expectation: to be able to release the new promotion, as the old one was cancelled and should no longer be considered.
The promotion scenario is working as expected.
The finished status of the custom status code does not get taken into consideration.
For a promotion to be deactivated, it should be either cancelled (Status Code - 4) or hold the External Status Finished (Status Code - '1008').
Currently the promotion ID ABC neither has the cancelled status nor is the external status set to the correct code to overcome the overlapping of the promotion scenario.
Custom codes are not taken into consideration to avoid the overlapping scenario.
Kindly set the external status to 'Finished' I1008 going forward to avoid this scenario.
Promotion overlaps with existing promotion, overlap , KBA , LOD-CRM-PRM , Promotions , How To