You create a sales order with BOM material.
Once you enter the main item the sub items are determined and have the same plant from the main item.
You changed the plant for the sub items, however you are not able to change the plant of the main item and there is no automatic re determination of the plant based on the sub-items.
You want to change the plant for the main item.
"Image/data in this document is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Reproducing the Issue
1. You create a sales order and enter a BOM material, the sub-items will have the same plant as the main item.
Note: The plant will be determined based on the following KBA:
2. You change the plant for the sub items, however you are not able to change the plant of the main item and there is no automatic re determination of the plant based on the sub items.
In order to enter the desired plant of the main item, please follow the steps below:
1. Enter the BOM number and don't press enter.
2. Enter the quantity.
3. Enter the plant manually.
4. Press Enter.
5. The plant assigned to the main item will be the same for the sub items.
Prerequisite: The plant you want to enter manually needs to be assigned to the BOM material through the Maintain Bill Of Material app or the Change Bill of Material app.
In case you need to change a plant in a sales order already created, if there are no subsequent documents created, you cannot change the items anymore. Otherwise, delete the main item and enter it again following the steps above.
BOM, plant, kit, sales kit, delivery, delivering, change, header level, bill of material, sales order, sales order item , KBA , SD-SLS-SO , Sales Orders , SD-SLS , Sales , How To