How to create cascading/parent-child relationship between picklist fields through Manage Templates?
NOTE: It is very important to keep in mind this tool is extremely powerful. Modifications made to templates can have a direct impact on candidate experience, integrations, custom integrations, etc. Change should only be made by a qualified individual that is familiar with the configuration.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
To add a parent-child relationship to a picklist field, follow the below instructions. If you don't have it enabled and would like to have it, please follow up this KBA: 2157630 - Enabling Manage Templates in Recruiting
- Go to Manage Templates feature
- Select the template type you wish to modify (Job Requisition, Job Application, Candidate Profile, or Offer Details)
- Select the template name you wish to modify
- Under Template Settings page, there will be an option '[NUMBER] Fields defined. Click to modify' Click there.
- Scroll down until you see the field ID you wish to have a parent picklist
- When you find the field, enter the field ID of the parent field and pciklist into the field 'Parent Picklist Field id'
- Click on Done
- Click on Publish to publish the new template version
It's also recommended, after performing changes to templates, to do an OData API Metadata Refresh.
manage, template, application, candidate, profile, job, requisition, parent, child, relationship, picklist, cascading, mdf. , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To