You are adding Chile tax number under supplier master data. After entering the tax number, error 'Tax code 1 is not valid' occurs.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center.
- Go to Suppliers view.
- Search the supplier in question.
- Click on Edit and selecft Financial Data.
- View Tax Data tab.
- Click on Add Row under Tax Numbers.
- For Country/Region, choose CL. For Tax Number Type, choose RUT Number.
- Enter the tax number XXXXXXXXZ (XXXXXXXXZ represents the tax number).
- Error 'Tax code 1 is not valid' occurs.
You are entering the wrong tax number.
RUT / RUN numbers have eight digits, plus a verification digit, and are generally written in this format: XXXXXXXX-Z. Z can be a digit or the letter K, and it’s determined by an algorithm that’s performed on the first eight digits, ensuring that typing mistakes when entering a RUT or RUN number will result in an invalid number. Some example of Chilean RUT / RUN numbers are:
Enter the correct tax number according to format XXXXXXXX-Z.
Tax code 1 is not valid, Tax Number, Chile, RUT Number , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , Problem