The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC):
- The Forecast Layout is selected for the table structure
- The cut-over date is set to the Last booked (Actuals) option. In the forecast layout setting, you can see the cut-over date is interpreted as Oct. 31, 2021 by the system.
- However, month Oct is displayed with the Forecast version.
- You expect Oct to be displayed with the Actual version.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.20.12
Normally, if the month is not completed yet then it should be in forecast and if the cut-over date is the last day of the month then it should be in Actuals means it is completed. That means, if the cut-over date is Dec. 31, Dec should be in Actuals.
However, in your case, fiscal year is set in your modeling for this model.
For example, 2022 P02 is the natural month of Oct. The last day of Oct is Oct.31th, the day 31 cannot be found in P02 (natural month February has 28/29 days). So when using last booked(Actuals), the result will be Forecast October.
But in natural month Sep (2022 P01), the last day of Sep is Sep.30th, the day 30 can be found in P01 (natural month January has 31 days). So when using last booked (Actuals) -Sep.30th, the result will be Forecast October.
In conclusion, it has limitation when using last day for Fiscal year, but it works for calendar year.
This issue can be taken as a feature enhancement.
Please follow this Knowledge Base Article to create an enhancement request: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2424376
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, last booked(Actuals) , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL-FCL , Forecast Layout , Problem