The following error occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC) during the publishing of the data:
- The operation on the version failed, most likely because it is too large.
The issue happens after you run a data action and try to publish the change.
If you manually input a value to a cell of the same version and publish it, it can be published without any error.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.14.15
Reproducing the Issue
- Run a data action. It is finished successfully.
- Publish data.
- If fails with error '"The operation on the version failed, most likely because it is too large"
The publish has to evaluate the changed rows and check access permissions .etc. The size of the version (too much fact data) causes it to run above the allocated statement limit for the system.
- Please try to reduce the data in the Actual version or have the data actions work on smaller private versions.
- Please check with your business team if the zero values in cells can be deleted. If zero values can be deleted, you can follow the instruction in KBA 3102951 to delete them.
- KBA 2855559 - Checkpoints: Performance issue related to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) Planning Features and functions
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , HAN-DB-EPM , SAP HANA Planning and Simulation Platform , LOD-ANA-PL-AF , Advanced Formulas , LOD-ANA-PL-DE , Data Entry and Mass Data Entry , LOD-ANA-PL-VER , Version Management , Problem