When using the API "Sales Order (A2X)" to post sales orders from external system to SAP S/4HANA Cloud system, error message "The sales area could not be determined (VP102)" occurs.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
The customer (e.g. the sold-to party) is not assigned with the sales area.
Common distribution channels and divisions are used. However, there is no entry with the relevant value for the sales organization, distribution channel, division, customer and material.
Resolution for cause 1:
- Go to the "Manage Customer Master Data" app.
- Search for the business partner &1.
- Under the "Sales Areas" tab with edit mode, assign the relevant sales area to the business partner &1.
Resolution for cause 2:
- Go to the Configuration Activity "Define Common Distribution Channels" and "Define Common Divisions".
- Create the corresponding new entries with distribution channels and divisions for the customer and material.
VP102, Sales Area, Determined, Sales Order, API, Sales Order, A2X, Manage Customer Master Data, Business Partner, Common Distribution Channels, Common Divisions , KBA , SD-SLS-API , API , SD-MD , Master Data , Problem