The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When importing the folder containing stories and Models with the overwrite option, files are not overwritten. The import is shown as successful, but the files are not copied in the destination folder.
- When exporting files from one tenant to another, not all subfolders are exported into TGZ file.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.20
Reproducing the Issue
- Tenant 1 and Tenant 2 contain the identical folders with identical folder structure. Folder is placed in the Public folder.
- Log into the Tenant 1.
- Export the folder containing the subfolders.
- Notice that the size of the exported TGZ file is small, appx.5 MB.
- Import the TG file into Tenant 2, which contains the folder and subfolders with the same name.
- Select the Overwrite option, get pop up: Existing objects will be overwritten if their names are identical to objects selected for import.
- Observe that in the Files it's shown that the folder is updated, however subfolders are not.
- Export one of the subfolders from Tenant 1, observe that the exported TGZ file is much bigger than the first TGZ file, appx. 250 MB.
- Import the bigger TGZ file into the tenant, observe that the subfolder file is not updated.
This is a by design behavior.
- The folder (sub-folders and objects) being imported are already existing in the target system.
- Probably there is a copy of these objects with similar parameters (e.g: hierarchy).
- During the import workflow, the original objects are being updated while copies are not.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, import, export, failed, upload, not uploaded, overwrite, not working, function, update, updated, TGZ, KBA , LOD-ANA-DES-EXP , SAP Analytics Cloud data exploration and explorer views , Problem
SAP Analytics Cloud 1.0