Visit/ Appointment invitations are automatically sent out to contacts which were automatically determined.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Visits work centre view
- Ceate a visit and add a customer
- A contact person is automatically added
- The contact then is also automatically entered as "Attendee" by the system.
Result: a visit or appointment invitation is sent to this attendee automatically after saving.
The expected behaviour is that during the automatic determination of the contact person, they are added as attendees for visits, in which case the invitation is also sent automatically.
However, you can change the system behaviour via scoping to deactivate this automatic determination.
The contact has to then be added manually - if a contact person is only listed in the contact-related items list, the contact is not added as an attendee of the visit and the invitation is not sent automatically.
When you create activities from accounts, leads, and opportunities, you can disable automatic determination of primary contact as attendees or participants for appointments, visits, and phone calls.
Steps to scope and Configure
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your project and navigate to Edit Project Scope > Questions > Sales > Account and Activity Management > Activity Management Activity Attendees.
- Select the In Scope checkbox for the scoping question: Would you like to disable automatic determinations of attendees/participants for activities created from accounts, leads, and opportunities?
KBA 2810465 - Automatic E-mail Sent By Gmail After Visit Sync
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT-VST , Visit Planning , How To