Purchase Requisition created without a Purchasing Group assigned, resulting in the following errors in the Stock Requirement List:
- Purchase Requisition could not be handed over, Enter Purch. Group
- Purchase Requisition could not be changed, Cannot determine Purchasing Group
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Material is created with no Purchasing Group assigned in the Material / Product Master.
Purchase Requisition is created from Material Requirement Planning, where there is no check on the Purchasing Group in the Material / Product Master.
In order to prevent further Purchase Requisitions being created via Material Requirement Planning without a Purchasing Group assigned, use Change Material / MM02 - enter the Purchasing Group to the Material in the 'Purchasing' tab.
In order to add the Purchasing Group to the Purchase Requisition/s already created:
- Use the app 'Mass changes to purchase requisition' bring in the field Material and search for Requisitions for this material.
- Select All.
- Choose 'Mass Edit'.
- In the popup, scroll down to Purchasing Group.
- In the drop down choose 'Replace Field Value'.
- Enter the Purchasing Group required.
- Click on 'Apply Mass Changes'.
- Enter a job name - click on apply.
The job then executes - which updates the Requisition with the Purchasing Group.
Purchase Requisition, Pur Req, PR, Material Master, Purchasing Group, EKGRP, Material Requirement Planning, MRP, ESTKZ, no check on the Purchasing Group, MM02, Change Material, Purchasing, Mass changes to purchase requisition, Search, Mass Edit, Replace Field Value, Apply Mass Changes, Job name, Purchase Requisition could not be handed over, Enter Purch. Group , Purchase Requisition could not be changed, Cannot determine Purchasing Group, Stock Requirement List, MD04 , KBA , MM-PUR-REQ , Purchase Requisitions , How To