- "You do not have access to edit this job. Contact the owner of the connection "[Connection name]" and ask them to give you access." while trying to change Import Settings of the import job in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- This happens after the model owner has switched on Reset Model settings in the Import Settings.
- Since then no user (neither model owner) is able to manage Import Settings or Schedule Settings of the import job again.
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.20.12
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAC.
- Create an import model and define how to update your model: Update and Schedule Models
- Switch on Reset Model: Data Management - Import Jobs - Import Settings - Reset Model
- Once the data model owner activates this feature and runs the import =>
- The data refresh of the import job fails.
- When the model owner (or another user who was able to adjust the Schedule Settings earlier) tries to change the import settings the following warning is shown: "You do not have access to edit this job. Contact the owner of the connection "[Connection name]" and ask them to give you access."
- Only the model owner can update the Reset Model setting.
- If Reset Model is switched on, only the owner of the model can run that job or change its settings.
Model owner has only read permission to the import connection.
Model owner should have edit permissions to the import connection.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.