When trying to update an XML template through Form Template Settings, the system is displaying an error and is not allowing the upload: "Line 1, column 1: Content is not allowed in prolog.".
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center
- Go to Form Template Settings
- Click on "Upload New Form"
- Select the XML template
- Receive the error "Line 1, column 1: Content is not allowed in prolog."
The Form Template Settings tool is not an RCM tool, and due to that, is not the supported tool to do changes in the Recruiting Management XML templates.
The only 2 ways to do changes or to create new templates are:
- Provisioning, which is the back end of the system and only implementation partners have access to it, or
- Manage Templates, which is a tool in Admin Center that allows changes in the UI of the Job Requisition, Candidate Profile, Job Application, and Offer Approval templates.
In order to do changes in the templates, then the correct path is to do it through Manage Templates or through the XML changes in Provisioning.
In case Manage Templates is not active in the system, the instructions to enable it are in the KBA 2157630 - Enabling Manage Templates in Recruiting - Recruiting Management.
manage, template, error, form, setting, xml, job, requisition, candidate, profile, application, offer, approval, details, Line 1, column 1: Content is not allowed in prolog. , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem