When using the Basic Search on an OWL (for examples the Accounts view) in one language, you get a different amount of results than when logged in with another language.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
The issue can occur in any basic search view and with any language combination. Example:
- Login with English
- Go to the Customer work centre
- Go to the Accounts view
- Enter a search term, such as Account RED
- You get x amount of results (x being the amount of results)
- Login with another language, for example German
- Go to the same view and enter the same search
- You get xyz results (xyz being a higher or lower number of results).
You may have added an extension field to the search scope of the account owl basic search. That KUT field has different values, depending on the language.
It may be, that this search field has the same value as the term you are searching for. In our example, this could for example be 'RED' in English, but would be 'ROT' in German.
Therefore, the results found when searching with English would be different to those found in German.
Please check whether the extension field in question should be part of the account basic search.
(Same for other BOs)
KBA 2784351 - Fields In Basic Search for Accounts
Search, basic search, different, wrong, result , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , Problem