You have created a custom payment file structure and when generating the outbound file, you see multiple lines for the same entries.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Go to Payment Monitor view.
- Find the payment for which you have created outbound file.
- Open the corresponding file.
- Download and open the txt file.
You notice that the file shows multiple lines, even though the file was made for one payment only. Hence, you expect only one transaction line in the file.
The custom payment file structure does not have the Records properly structured. You are using Payment Item level for the transaction records in the file, hence the system brings the defined fields in the structure for each of the payment items of the payment transaction. Therefore, if your payment order cleared more than one open item, the resulting file would have the same corresponding number of payment items, hence the multiple lines.
You need to access what kind of information is requires to be shown in the file. If you need to create the file with the payment orders details but not at payment item level, you set the payment structure with Records at Payment Transaction level, as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list.
- Open activity Outgoing Bank Transfers.
- Click Edit payment file structures.
- Edit the respective format.
- Go to Define Records step. You see that for transaction record, you have assigned Payment Item level.
- Assure that you have defined proper Header and Footer records and for transaction records assign the Payment Transaction level.
- Save your changes.
Once you create the outbound file again, the system shall populate the file with the defined fields for payment transaction level. If needed, you can also add another record for the Payment Item of the corresponding Payment Transaction.
For more details, you may refer to help document Create a New Payment File Structure
Outgoing Bank Transfer. Outgoing Wire Transfer. Payment File Structure. Payment Medium Format. Payment Media Run. , KBA , AP-PAY-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , How To