After updating your BW server from 7.53 SP003 to 7.53 SP008, SAML SSO between SAC and the BW server fails. Logging on with a username and password works, but SAML SSO fails. In addition, if a SAML trace is taken, it can been seen that the SPNego logon procedure is being triggered instead of the SAML logon procedure.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.20.22
Reproducing the Issue
- Set up SAML SSO logon between SAC and BW
- Upgrade your BW server to 7.53 SP008
- Note that SAML no longer works
This issue is caused by the service pack changing / removing the sequence of the Logon Procedure for certain calls, specifically:
To resolve this issue it is necessary to modify the logon procedure order for the three affected calls.
- Log onto the BW server and go to the services.
- Edit the GetServerInfo Service.
- Change the Procedure from standard to Alternative Logon Procedure
- In the Logon Procedure List - note that SAML is missing.
- Click the "Default" button to restore the missing procedure and then move SAML Logon above SPNEGO.
- Repeat the same steps for GetResponse
- Edit the Auth Service.
Note: This service will only be here if you are using CORS. If you are not using CORS, then the Auth service will not be there and will not need to be edited.
- Change the procedure from Standard to Alternative Logon Procedure
- Either remove SPNEGO or make sure that SAML is listed above SPNEGO
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem