In the Schedule MRP Runs app, when scheduling a recurring job with Planning mode 3, the following warning message is displayed: Planning mode 3 should not be run regularly, only in exceptional cases / Message no. PPH_MRP249
SAP S/4Hana Cloud (All Versions)
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Schedule MRP Runs App.
- Create a new job with: Recurrence Pattern = Repeat Job Every 1 Day(s) / Planning mode = 3
- Warning Message: Planning Mode 3 should not be run regularly, only in exceptional cases
The usage of planning mode 3 is not required in the productive operation and can cause additional problems:
- Performance of the MRP run is decreased.
- Problems with schedule lines: The quantities are set to 0 when deleting delivery schedules to ensure the history.
- Problems with purchase requisitions: The number range of purchase requisitions may soon be exhausted.
For regular planning jobs use planning mode 1.
Planning mode 3 should be only used in exceptional cases, like:
- after MRP-relevant Customizing/ configuration changes (e.g. changes in purchasing department processing time).
- after MRP-relevant changes to the routing (e.g. a change in the standard time).
Schedule MRP Runs, F1339, App, Recurring, Job, Planning mode 3, PPH_MRP249, PPH_MRP 249 , KBA , PP-FIO-MRP , Fiori UI for Material Requirements Planning , PP-MRP , Material Requirements Planning , How To