You notice that the descriptions for planning areas are missing in some of the system screens (for example, the Planning tab within a product) when logging into the system with a language different than English.
SAP Business ByDesign
Planning area (site) description for the planning areas is languange-dependent and can be maintained for multiple languages in the site master data.
In this case, the description was maintained only for English and not for the other language.
To add site descriptions in other languages, please follow the below instructions:
- Log into the language for which you want to maintain the new description.
- Go to the Supply Chain Design Master Data.
- Access the Locations work center view.
- Search for the relevant site for which new description will be maintained.
- Select it and click Edit.
- In the site's details, you will notice that the Site Description field is now empty (hence, no description is currently maintained for this language).
- Enter the description for this new language as desired.
Planning Area, Site, Description, Missing, Language, English, Spanish, German , KBA , AP-LDM-SPA , Supply Planning Area , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , How To