- Searching values using a wild characters in the variable prompt screen of a Story based on a BW Query, does not filter the values as expected.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, in a Story based on a BW BEx Query with variable, when searching for a values in a prompt, and adding a the wild character (*) at the end of a string, it does not return the values starting with the string, but return all the values containing the string searched.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, created a BW Live Connection to the SAP BW System.
- Create a Model based on the SAP BW Bex Query with at least one variable.
- Create a Story based on the Model based on the BW Bex Query with a variable.
- When viewing the Story, it prompt for the variable. Enter a string to search, followed by the wild character (*)
- Notice, it does not return only a list of values starting with the string specified, but returns all the values containing the string searched.
For example: If you have the following List of Values for a prompt:
In a Story, in SAP Analytics Cloud, when prompted to enter a value for the BW Query variable, and enter in the prompt search:
It filter the values in the prompt to:
It returns all the values that contain the string 05, when the expectation is to return only the values starting with: 05, which should be returning:
- Search works as expected because there is no implementation of pattern search using wild characters for prompt values search in SAP Analytics Cloud.
For example: It will always perform a search like: *05*, regardless you type in the searched box: *05, 05*, or 05
- There is no option to search for a string starting with specific characters only, in the prompt search box in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software
- For example: If you have the following List of Values for a prompt:
- In a Story, in SAP Analytics Cloud, when prompted to enter a value for the Bex query variable, and we enter in the prompt search:
- It filter the values in the prompt to:
- It returns all the values that contain the string 05, when the expectation is to return only the values starting with: 05, which should be returning:
05111 , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem