- Custom currencies are rejected when importing either transaction data or updating the rate table from BPC model via BW connection.
- Importing transaction data with customer currencies via flat file succeeds without issues.
- Entering custom currency rates manually in the rate table also works without errors.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2022 QRC1 release or earlier (2022.2)
Reproducing the Issue
There are two cases found
Rejection of transaction data:
- Open model in SAC
- Go to "Data Management" tab and create a BW connection type import job and select a BPC model for import.
- If any of the currencies mapped for import are not three letters (either two letters like FW or a combination of letters and numbers like CL1) the data will be rejected.
- If you look at the details for the rejected records the error will show "Value has invalid currency format: FW" or "Value has invalid currency format: CL1" even though these currencies have already been added to the rate table.
- Importing similar data via CSV file succeeds without error.
Rejection of currency translation rates:
- Open a Rate table and create a BW import job.
- Select a rate table from source system and open the mapping wizard.
- You will not be able to map the custom currencies to import into the rate table.
- Creating the custom currency rate entry manually works without error.
This issue is caused by an error in the SAC code that rejects any currency that is not in the format of three alphabetic characters
This will be fixed in an upcoming patch release.
KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-ML-DE , SAC Data Wrangling , Problem