You notice that, when adding a custom status in your Status Dictionary or Status Schema, the error message Z10 is Not a Valid Value for this Field. Enter a Valid Value is displayed.
This is not exclusively experienced when adding a Z status, as it can happen to Y status as well.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to Overview work center view.
- Search for Tickets.
- Open the activity Tickets for Customer Support or Tickets for Employee Support, depending on your scenario.
- Click Maintain Status Dictionary Entries.
- Click Add Row.
- Try adding a new status with code Z10.
- Add the Life Cycle Status and Assignment Status.
- See the error.
The Status Dictionary and Status Schema at the moment allow only statuses with 2 characters, meaning, you can go from Z1 up to Z9 and from Y1 up to Y9.
As Z10 or Y10 represents 3 characters, these are not supported.
This is the system designed behavior.
Status, Status Dictionary, Status Schema, Tickets, Tickets for Customer Support, Tickets for Employee Support, Z10, Y10, Z10 is Not a Valid Value for this Field. Enter a Valid Value, Y10 is Not a Valid Value for this Field. Enter a Valid Value, Valid, Value, Field, Error, Message, Error Message, , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To