How to change Hire Date using API
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
Hire Date can be changed in two ways:
- Using Onboarding Dashboard
- Go to the new hire
- Take action
- New hire Data review
- Change Hire date and then submit. This will restart the process
- If using API: update the Process Object (Target date) using APIS to automate the process
- To update Process Object using API, follow instructions on SAP Help Portal
- Upsert operation has to be used
However, please see limitations:
- We discourage using Upsert / Delete operations on ONB2Process as they might break the integrity of our systems as this object is kept up-to-date by the systems.
This Object was introduced mainly for Read and few minimal update capability for Cancel and start date changes. Any other changes are not warranted and won't be supported as it may break Onboarding flow.
- Target date change is supported – you can easily replicate this via ‘Manage Data’. Please note, we should have a Business rule configured to restart the process so that all internal processes are realigned with the new start date.
Onboarding, 2.0, Update, Start Date, API, Process Object , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-NHA , New Hire Activities (activities, tasks, buddy, equipment) , How To