I'm not able to change the name of process copy.
You have to confirm the name change with 'Enter', otherwise the changes will be discarded.
Currently we are facing a following issue:
- abandon your changes in workflow (edit the name of process and leave it without pressing enter)
- open the process again, try to change the name or add some elements, tasks
- publish your changes
- your changes won't be saved
This behavior can also appear if you have an enormous amount of activities (above 200) and the changes needs more time to be sent over to the server. Additional to that, it could be that the connection between your machine and the server has a bigger delay as it should have (we've seen it in our web session). The reasons for it can be:
- network configuration and speed.
- Performance of the working machine
- security settings, proxy, firewall etc.
Why does it happen. You did some changes and click around, these requests are in pending because of slow connection and a very huge diagram. When you click "publish" not all changes within the diagram has arrived yet and the system is publishing an incomplete version of your new needed requesting.
What can you do to avoid this error:
- try to use sub processes and reduce the size of the diagram.
- try to make the connection work without any delays
KBA , BPI-SIG-PG-EDT , Process Governance Editor , How To